One of the largest private mansions in New Orleans, Stay Heirloom’s tastefully renovated Southern estate sits on acres of manicured land. Original art by notable local artists sits side-by-side with modern amenities in this gorgeously appointed living space. Perfect for large groups seeking first-class Nola accommodations, the mansion is split into two, completely private sides. This listing is for the front half of the estate. For information on the full estate, please contact us directly.
***If you have a larger group, are seeking further sleeping accommodations, or have any questions about the home/sleeping configuration before you book, please reach out directly to our Stayloom team to help!***
– 5 Bedrooms, 9 Beds
– Bedroom 1: Queen Bed, twin bed
– Bedroom 2: King bed, twin bed
– Bedroom 3: Daybed (this is an open bedroom in a dynamic bedroom/living space)
– Bedroom 4: Double bed, twin bed
– Bedroom 5: Double bed, twin bed
– 3 full bathrooms
– One of the oldest privately owned mansions in New Orleans, we maintained original architectural features during renovation, such as heart of pine floors, chandeliers, crown moldings, fireplaces, and more
– Great location — located on leafy Esplanade Avenue, just a stone’s throw from the French Quarter
– Renovated chef’s kitchen is fully stocked with essential cookware, and features an adorable retro oven
– Enjoy the manicured outdoor space, or hang out on the front balcony — perfect for watching parades!
– Accessibility: There are 5 stairs that lead up to the front door. The home is on 2 floors and there are 26 stairs that lead up to the 2nd floor. There are first floor sleeping accommodations.
The front half of this mansion is sealed off from the second half for privacy. The entire front half (~4000 sq feet) of the mansion is for your exclusive enjoyment. In addition to the indoor spaces, guests may enjoy the expansive, manicured grounds of the estate.
Interaction with guests
You will have complete privacy here. Every question you ask or concern you may have before or during your stay will be promptly addressed via messenger or phone. In the case of a maintenance emergency, our 24/7 ground team is available to assist you. Entry is keyless, meaning there’s no need to coordinate key pick up.
Located on safe, tree-lined Esplanade Avenue in the lower Treme, we are in the middle of one of the most joyful, lively, and vibrant neighborhoods of New Orleans, home to an incredible underground live jazz scene and regular second line parades (which are fun to watch from the private 2nd floor balcony!). Our home is just a short walk to the French Quarter and the Marigny/Frenchmen Street. We are also a few blocks away from the North Rampart streetcar line.
The best way to get around is by foot, bike, taxi, or Uber/Lyft. For cycling enthusiasts, New Orleans is an eminently bikeable city, and there are several rental and tour companies in close proximity (we especially recommend Bicycle Michael’s on Frenchmen Street). The Quarter and Marigny are both within walking distance, and other hotspots such as the Bywater neighborhood and Magazine Street are a short cab ride away. We are a 25 minute drive from the airport.
Other things to note
If you have questions you need answered before securing your booking, or you simply want to talk with us first, please send our team an inquiry instead of a reservation request.
If this property is close but not quite the one, please reach out to us at Stayloom directly. We own and manage high end rental homes in the area and we’d be happy to find you and your group the perfect fit!
While parties and events are not allowed at this listing, you may host events when you book both sides of this historic mansion. Please contact us for more information.
License or registration number