Our response to COVID-19: The safety of our guests is our highest priority.
Our response to the recent COVID-19 pandemic is a simple one: we are making the safety of our guests our #1 priority. We stand behind CDC guidelines that caution passengers against non-essential travel. That said, we recognize that not everyone is in a position to completely abstain.
As a small business, we are committed to balance the needs of our valued customers, as well as the 50+ hard working people we employ and their families. At a time like this one, it is certainly hard to make a decision that will make everyone happy. We are working hard to do right by all stakeholders here, especially our valued customers. We hope that we get the opportunity to host you at one of our 200+ locations.
We understand you may be hesitant to book travel during this uncertain time, so we are here to help in any way we can. Which is why we have added a new flexible cancellation policy.
Guests who booked prior to March 26th, 2020 with a check-in date before September 1st, 2020 can opt to transfer the full value of their reservation as a travel credit to use at any Heirloom property in the future.
We acknowledge that the current state of affairs is a far cry from normal circumstances. For this reason, we have temporarily revised our cancellation policy and adapted our housekeeping.
What Are We Doing to Keep Our Homes Safe?
- All Heirloom employees and contractors have been notified to stay home and self-quarantine for 14 days if they are experiencing any flu-like symptoms and/or if they have come into contact with someone who is sick or experiencing symptoms.
- Our trained housekeeping teams are carrying properly rated disinfectant for COVID-19, as outlined by the WHO (60% alcohol, .5% Hydrogen Peroxide, or .1% bleach) to use on commonly touched surfaces and to disinfect the tools they touch before entering our homes (mop handles, vacuum handles, tote handles, etc).
- Our cleaning technicians are also sanitizing their hands with 60% alcohol based sanitizer before entering the homes in addition to mandatory hand washing prior to leaving the home.
- All bed and bath linens are washed with hot water and .1% bleach.
- Increased prioritization of disinfection of high touch surfaces: door knobs, drawer/cabinet pulls, light switches, appliance handles, etc.
Reservations Made With Us Through Third Party Channels:
Any bookings made with us through third party channels (Airbnb, VRBO, Booking.com, Expedia, and more) are subject to their policies. Please contact them directly for more information about their policies, cancellations, or changes you need to make on your booking.
More about our Travel Credit program
For bookings confirmed prior to March 26th: Guests with a check-in date before September 1st, 2020 can opt to transfer the full value of their reservation as a travel credit to use at any Heirloom property in the future. In order to claim the travel credit offer, the guest must electronically sign a travel credit consent form, which Heirloom will send to the guest upon request. The form outlines how to use the credit, the terms & conditions, and so forth.
If the guest’s check in date is more than 30 days away, and the guest is not interested in transferring their reservation value to a travel credit, the guest is still eligible for a 50% refund. Any guest that cancels and does not check into their home will have their cleaning fee refunded once they cancel their reservation. The guest’s reservation will be considered confirmed until the guest either cancels or signs the electronic travel consent form. Any travel credit must be redeemed within 12 months of signing the electronic travel consent form.
How To Contact Us
A member of our Guest Communications team can be reached via text or call at (504) 507-0523 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your reservation check in date is more than 2 weeks away, we do ask that you contact us via email to keep phone lines available for guests in need of immediate assistance.