Space, luxury, and authentic “NoLa”: You’ll find it all here in one of the city’s largest private mansions. This 3500+ square foot home, complete with quintessential New Orleanian features such as the dramatic double-gallery facade and original pieces by noteworthy local artists. This is the ultimate destination for your next New Orleans adventure!
– Constructed in 1851, the estate sits on acres of manicured land stretching from Esplanade Avenue to Kerlerec Street.
– The mansion comprises two wings. This listing is for the east wing, at the rear of the estate ￫ 3500 sq feet. To rent both listings, contact me!
– Original architectural details such as crown moldings, chandeliers, heart-of-pine floors, and marble-lined bathrooms were preserved during renovation.
– Large, open living and dining areas.
– Plenty of room to unwind, including expansive gardens around the property. Please note the gardens are shared with the other half of the estate.
– Other amenities include wifi, laundry, SmartTV with apps (netflix, etc.), off-street parking, and more.
– Tempurpedic mattresses and high thread count linens on all beds
– Towels and essential toiletries (shower gel/shampoo/conditioner) provided
Located on leafy Esplanade Avenue in the lower Tremé, you are at the center of one of the most joyful, lively, and vibrant neighborhoods of New Orleans. The French Quarter and the Marigny/Frenchmen Street are both a short walk away. The Quarter’s bars and eateries are world-renowned, and the Marigny is home to a burgeoning art and music scene. We are also a few blocks away from the North Rampart streetcar line.
The best way to get around is by foot, bike, or taxi, or Uber. For cycling enthusiasts, New Orleans is an eminently bikeable city, and there are several rental and tour companies in close proximity (we especially recommend Bicycle Michael’s on Frenchmen Street). The Quarter and the Marigny are both within walking distance, and other hotspots such as The Bywater neighborhood and Magazine Street are a short cab ride away.
The entire home is for your exclusive use. Please note the outdoor spaces are shared with the other half of the mansion that we also rent as a vacation rental. To reserve the entire grounds, please contact us.
Interaction with Guests
As a host, I value being able to provide my guests with complete privacy. That said, should the rare maintenance issue occur, myself and my property manager are available to help.
Other Things to Note
Please send an inquiry instead of a reservation request if you have any questions that I can help answer before you book!
Quiet hours begin at 10:00pm. Please help us maintain good relations with our neighbors by keeping noise to a minimum after dark!
Not suitable for pets
No parties or events
Check-in is anytime after 3 PM
Check out by 11 AM
You must also acknowledge
Security Deposit: It is rare, but if you damage the home, items inside the home, or items go missing, you could be charged $999.
We offer a 50% refund for cancellations made more than 30 days before the check in date. There is no refund for cancellations made within 30 days of the check in date.